Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Passenger Gear

Log Item: Charlize Theron has STILL not called or e-mailed me asking for a ride on the back of my Diavel. I feel ignored. 


Equipment: The only stock equipment benefiting a passenger besides the foot pegs is the rear grab handle (retractable). To make it work, the passenger has to put their arms behind them, grip the handle and hold on for dear life.

You can see the foot peg in the "down" position in the photo. They fold up and next to the passenger seat when not in use so you really can't see them.

I think that the best way for a lady to ride on the back of the scooter is the way it was made famous in the movie, Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man. 



Rant: I bought parts from Ducati to deal with my passenger comfort and safety issues. The parts in the box were incomplete. Ducati failed to include an INTEGRAL component. I was at the dealership today and they're going to hash it out with Ducati. They were very professional about all that and I have no problem with how they're handling it.

6 comments:

  1. Sigh. That's the way it should end, guy gets the gal and ride off into the sunset.

    In Hollywood. Everywhere else, the Harley fires up, but is only running on one cylinder. The guy starts trying to figure out what's wrong, and then some loser sees the scene and tries to make a buck on it, 'can I help?' But the loser is Cousin Eddy (from National Lampoon 'Vacation'), and asks if he can borrow some money. And during all of this, there is no cute gal in the picture. Not even close.

    I like the way things work in Hollywood better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hollywood endings give us all hope.

      In reality the chick would be a syphlitic prostitute, down on her luck, with every STD known to man. But don't ruin the scene...

      Delete
  2. Well then...it's all going on here isn't it.
    Let me tell you now, that chic on the motorbike is not gonna be comfortable for long in that position. Ahem.
    So, Miss Charlie hasn't called? what a diva. Want me to give her a bollocking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, the divas just don't know when a good thing is slipping through their fingers, do they?

      Delete
  3. No. They don't know the art of real, hardcore living. Their loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Sean Penn? Really? When I'm available? What is that woman thinking?

      Delete